» Benefits of Spontaneous Muscle Release Technique
Benefits of Spontaneous Muscle Release Technique
Spontaneous Muscle Release Technique (SMRT) is a concept that begins with passive contraction of muscles, ligaments, connective tissues, and bones simultaneously to allow spontaneous release of these structures. SMRT stimulates lymphatic flow and creates a natural unwinding of connective tissues, which allows the joints of the body to realign effortlessly, re-establishing correct posture. While doing all of this, SMRT also quickly alleviates soreness in tissue, permitting you to work deep tissues that have not been accessed before. Finally, SMRT release both physical and etheric energy. The release of the ATP necessary to hold muscles tight and joints out of alignment lets the body relax and further the healing in the area. The release of the etheric energy held in the area creates energetic flow through the meridians and chakras of the body.
Benefits of Spontaneous Muscle Release Technique:
Why should Massage Therapists learn Spontaneous Muscle Release Technique? It:
- Gets you into deep tissues, quickly and painlessly, without “digging deep.”
- Is extremely specific, giving you the ability to target even individual fibers within a muscle.
- Addresses structures beyond muscles; including, ligaments, tendons, fascia, and meridians.
- Is easy on your body.
- Is safe and effective for many otherwise contraindicated clients and conditions.
- Keeps your knowledge of anatomy fresh and working for you.
- Accomplishes physical and energetic release at the same time.
- Allows you to work in areas inaccessible to palpation (pelvic floor, inter-cranial tissues, joint interiors).
- Releases trigger points painlessly.
- Takes you to a new therapeutic level.
- Enhances all other modalities.
- Helps when other things have failed, clients return and tell friends about you and your work.
Benefits of DVD’s and Digital Downloads:
- Save the travel and tuition money of attending a class.
- No time off required to attend the class.
- Ability to review the demonstrations as often as needed.
- Control of how and when you learn the information.
- Convenience of being able to watch and follow the DVD with the client on the table.
Available DVD’s and Digital Downloads:
- Arm & Hand
- Back & Spine
- Head & Neck
- Head & Neck , including SMRT Cranial Sacral Therapy
- Hips, Lower Back & Abdomen
- Hips & Sacrum
- Laterally Recumbent Work & Pregnancy Massage
- Lower Back
- Lower Extremities
- Lower Leg & Feet
- Shoulder & Axilla
- Shoulder, Axilla, Upper Back, and Ribcage
- Thighs & Knees
- Upper Back
Note: All respective joints are included in videos (i.e., knees and ankles with thighs, legs and feet – vertebral joints with upper and lower back sections respectively, etc.)