» Benefits of Spontaneous Muscle Release Technique
Benefits of Spontaneous Muscle Release Technique
Spontaneous Muscle Release Technique (SMRT) SMRT is a positional release modality that interrupts pain signals in the body, painlessly resolves trigger points, has an incredibly calming effect on the nervous system, and is highly stimulating to the lymphatic system. By working with all tissues in any given area, SMRT easily and quickly allows the tissues to balance and the joints to realign effortlessly, re-establishing correct posture. All of this is done quickly, with almost no pain to the client, and in a way that is tremendously easy on your body. Because we have disrupted the pain loops, settled the parasympathetic nervous system, created almost no additional pain, and brought the area back to homeostasis, the results of an SMRT treatment last.
Benefits of Spontaneous Muscle Release Technique:
Why should Massage Therapists learn Spontaneous Muscle Release Technique? It:
- Gets you into deep tissues, quickly and painlessly, without “digging deep.”
- Is extremely specific, giving you the ability to target even individual fibers within a muscle.
- Addresses structures beyond muscles; including, ligaments, tendons, and fascia.
- Is easy on your body.
- Is safe and effective for many otherwise contraindicated clients and conditions.
- Keeps your knowledge of anatomy fresh and working for you.
- Allows you to work in areas inaccessible to palpation (pelvic floor, inter-cranial tissues, joint interiors).
- Resets the neutral point between muscle spindle cells and golgi tendon organs.
- Releases trigger points painlessly.
- Takes you to a new therapeutic level.
- Enhances all other modalities.
Benefits of DVD’s and Digital Downloads:
- Save the travel and tuition money of attending a class.
- No time off required to attend the class.
- Ability to review the demonstrations as often as needed.
- Control of how and when you learn the information.
- Convenience of being able to watch and follow the DVD with the client on the table.
Available DVD’s and Digital Downloads:
- Arm & Hand
- Back & Spine
- Head & Neck
- Head & Neck , including SMRT Cranial Sacral Therapy
- Hips, Lower Back & Abdomen
- Hips & Sacrum
- Laterally Recumbent Work & Pregnancy Massage
- Lower Back
- Lower Extremities
- Lower Leg & Feet
- Shoulder & Axilla
- Shoulder, Axilla, Upper Back, and Ribcage
- Thighs & Knees
- Upper Back
- Advanced Shoulder, Axilla, Ribcage, & Upperback
- AdvancedHead & Neck
- Advanced Arm & Hand
- Advanced Hips, Lower Back, & Abdomen
Note: All respective joints are included in videos (i.e., knees and ankles with thighs, legs and feet – vertebral joints with upper and lower back sections respectively, etc.)