This video or live course if for those who have taken the basic SMRT: Lower Extremities video or live course.
We will begin the advanced SMRT lower extremities class by looking at how we can address muscles, both individually and as groups. This portion of class will add extra positions for muscles, as well as two-handed positions and a clear understanding of how muscles are being affected by other muscles, fascial patterns, and bony misalignments.
As we work on muscles, we will learn to apply SMRT to directly target the fascia, ligaments, and tendons of the muscles in the lower extremities. We will do an in-depth exploration of the fascia lata and crural fascia to learn how to unadhere these tissues from other structures.
Bones are an integral part of working with the muscles and the fascia. Combined with the muscle and fascia work we will be adding to our bony assessment by looking at individual bones and how these affect tension patterns in the body. So, we will begin with the femur, move to the tibia and fibula, and end with the feet. In each case, we will assess the bony position and use SMRT to position the bone and release the muscles and connective tissues crossing or attaching to it.
Our final segment will be an in depth look at the feet and how we can combine SMRT work on the muscles, bones, and fascia of the feet.
Before you purchase a home study course for continuing education please review the requirements for your state. After watching and reviewing the course therapists will have to pass an continuing education exam to earn CE credits. This video course is available on Full Circle’s streaming subscription service. Information is as follows:
Basic subscription will include:
1) all SMRT basic videos and textbooks, including head & neck; arm & hand; shoulder, axilla, ribcage, & upper back; hips, lower back, & abdomen; and lower extremities.
2) CEs for all video classes listed above.
3) basic SMRT textbooks may be downloaded one time. Videos cannot be downloaded.
4) shorter videos on individual SMRT moves (these videos do not carry CEs).
5) anatomy videos (these videos do not carry CEs).
6) movement videos (these videos do not carry CEs).
7) short vlogs about clients, specific issues, specific areas of the body, and anything else we think we want to add.
Advanced subscription will include:
1) everything in the basic subscription.
2) all advanced SMRT videos and workbooks, including advanced head & neck; advanced arm & hand; advanced shoulder, axilla, ribcage, & upper back; advanced hips, lower back, & abdomen; and advanced lower extremities.
3) 11 in depth, advanced assessment classes and slides for each class.
4) advanced SMRT workbooks and slides for assessment classes may be downloaded once. Videos cannot be downloaded.
5) CEs for all videos in 2) and 3).
6) additional advanced content videos and vlogs (these do not carry CEs).
7) and anything else we think will help you understand and treat clients, family, and/or yourself.
Subscriptions may be canceled at any time. If you cancel in the middle of a month that has been paid for, no refund will be made. Periodically, we will sell a limited number of lifetime memberships.
Evaluation Comments from Advanced Lower Extremities Courses in 2018 and 2019:
Participants share what they liked best about the Advanced Lower Extremities Class:
“The division of days: fascia, bone, muscle – the emphasis on larger patterns and fascia.”
“Best foot work ever!”
“The effectiveness! The understanding of how patterns at the ankle can affect hip position, what that means for the anterior and posterior fascia and how to use SMRT to correct the pattern and balance the right and left.”
“Advanced SMRT work for the fascia at the ankle is the best thing I have ever felt or done. Class was spectacular and brought the whole rest of the body into perspective.”
“Love the expansion of my SMRT knowledge! Absolutely the best work I have ever learned!”